Monday, November 4, 2013

AHW Dancing with the Stars Draft: Week #8 Update!

Photo Credit: ABC / Dancing with the Stars
On tonight's episode of Dancing with the Stars, the pairs were given the task of performing against each other in dance-offs!  The highest score of the night will be safe from the dance-offs and from elimination, while the remaining six stars and their partners are split into pairs to perform dance-offs against one another in one of three styles of dance.  What were my three favorite dances of the night?  Also, in terms of the AustHan's World Dancing with the Stars draft, which team came out of the night as the winner?  And which team lost another team member?

Three favorite dances of the night (in order of how well I liked them):
  1. Brant and Peta:  Tonight's Foxtrot was one of my favorite Breta dances of the entire season.  I was disappointed when they were only given a 27, but that still put them in the top half after all of the dances, so I guess it was okay in the end.  Brant was so smooth in this dance!  I thought the
    Perfection.
    dance was flawless.  And that smile!  Breta has so much charisma! 
  2. Corbin and Karina:  I've said it before and I will say it again, Corbin is on a whole different playing field than all of the other stars on the show.  Corbin takes every dance and kills it in the best possible way.  Karina and Corbin blew me away tonight with their Argentine Tango.  I was so surprised when they only scored a 27!  Corbin should be given 30's consistently each week.  Side note:  Corbin picked to dance off against arguably one of the best pairings tonight despite having everyone but Amber and Derek to choose from.  And he still beat them unanimously!  Corbin wants to be surrounded by the best, and for that, I truly hope he makes the finale and wins.  He is amazing!
  3. Jack and Cheryl:  Jack and Cheryl are improving so much from week to week, much like Brant/Peta and Snooki/Sasha.  Tonight he danced a Tango and scored a 27, but it was probably his best dance of the season and definitely one of my favorite dances by him.  He definitely has what it takes to make it to the end - and that's why he's jumped up and entered my three favorite dances/pairs of the night.
The draft results for Week #7:

#TeamHannah Scores:  27 + 27 + 24 + 28 = 106 / 4
Average Score of  26.50
#TeamAustin Scores:  25 + 25 + 27 = 77 / 3
Average Score of 25.67


This means that #TeamHannah was able to come through with another win!  At the end of the episode, it was announced that Brant and Jack would be the last two to find out their fate in the competition.  In the end, Brant was shockingly the sixth person eliminated from the competition!  So, I gain 2 points for winning this episode while losing 1 point and a member of #TeamHannah

Current AustHan's World Dancing with the Stars Draft Standings:
Team Hannah: 9 points
Team Austin: 1 points

My thoughts on tonight's elimination:  I have so many thoughts on tonight's elimination of Brant and Peta considering that I have voiced about how they're my favorite since the season first started.  It really sucks when a couple like Brant and Peta (and last week, Snooki and Sasha) get sent home.  These are couples that you see are giving the show everything that they have with a smile on their face the entire time and are improving every week because of it.  Leaps and bounds from week to week with these couples.  But that's not enough to win the amount of votes they need to survive a week?  I know that Bill has a personality likable to many viewers, but he is no different than Andy Dick (who was the reason I watched last season.  I quit watching after he left.) last season.  Andy went home seventh, and I was hoping that Bill would do the same.  As for Leah, she always seems so angry.  Angry because she knows she's not on the same level as many of the others in the competition, and angry because her comments from the judges are never as great as the comments that the others get from them are.

But enough of me complaining about the people I believe are unfairly staying longer than their stay on the show.  Brant and Peta were my favorites, so much so that I named them Breta and voted my maximum amount of votes for them each week.  They were one of the best partnerships of the season and had so much chemistry on the dance floor.  Peta did great things for Brant on the show by pushing him to be the best that he could be, so much so that the judges sometimes said the dances were too difficult for Brant.  Either way, I really saw these two earning a spot in the finale and into the hearts of many people in America.  I knew that Brant's fanbase was limited, as he's not from a popular movie or television show (at least not on the same level as Glee), and does not have a cult-like following of country comedy fans.  But I still thought he had the personality, skill, and looks to go far.  I will miss you, Breta! :(

With six stars eliminated from the show, only six remain to dance for the
winning title!  Who do you think has what it takes?  
Photo Credit: ABC / DWTS
Are you happy with tonight's elimination?  What was your favorite dance of the night and why?  Feel free to tell me in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment