Tuesday, January 15, 2013

AustHan Drafts The Survivor: Caramoan Castaways!


It's time for another season of Survivor! That's right, the second Fans Vs. Favorites season is set to hit the airwaves on February 13th, and #TeamAustHan is here to provide you with our thoughts on the crop of castaways CBS have given us for season 26. We couldn't think of a better way to share our thoughts with you than with a detailed ranking and our own draft. That's right! We have put both of our competitive edge to good use by dividing the castaways up into our own fantasy tribes.  Compelete with colors and names...yeah, that's how we roll! After reading, we want to know who you agree with. So, sound off in the comments below AND take it to Twitter. Tweet us at @AustHansWorld with #TeamAkamai or #TeamDingus and let us know what you think.



Austin's Akamai Rankings
  1. Malcolm
  2. Hope
  3. Reynold
  4. Dawn
  5. Matt
  6. Laura
  7. Shamar
  8. Corinne
  9. Brandon
* Ranked in order of least to greatest

Matt – What can I say about Matt? He was my novelty pick. I see him being the first of my tribe members to get their torch snuffed. I like that he has made a career of selling BMX bikes, should my career as an award winning journalist fail miserably, I can only hope I can be half the BMX sales man and beard rocker that this guy is. He seems fun, and unique, which is always a great combo in the reality TV world. His uniqueness will just prove to be too much for the others I fear. Good luck Matt! I hope I’m wrong!  

Corinne – I wasn’t entirely thrilled with taking Corinne, but I think her potential outweighs most of my worries. She made it somewhat deep into the game during her season, and I think that she stands the chance to do that again. She just needs to watch herself! Her snark might land her a ticket home earlier than in the past. These fans know their stuff, and as a favorite they’ll know how she operates.

Dawn – As the cougar of my tribe, Dawn stands the change to be the mother figure amongst her tribe. I’m not too familiar with her season, but I can only assume that’s the role that got her to the 3rd jury seat. She seems expendable! I like how intuitive she seems, and she is one of my tribe members that I look forward to watching the most. Perhaps she’ll move up in the ranks as the season goes on! 

Reynold – I see Reynold being viewed as an early threat and eliminated early on. I think he stands the chance to develop an ego that will tick off his tribe mates. He will be great at immunity challenges though. I’ll skate by winning 2 or 3 before he loses the most important one, and is sent packing. I predict that if this happens, it’ll be right before the merge. People, who typically have to describe themselves as likeable, aren’t.


Austin's Top 5:

Brandon - Brandon was a pick I was unsure of at first. However, I think he’s got potential. He wasn’t horrible on his season. He just hast the whole Hantz shadow working against him. Let’s face it, his family members are all tools. People see that! A lot of the fans will be intimidated by this, because most probably weren’t huge Russell fans. And even if they were, they would never want to play against him. Meaning, they’ll be a bit afraid that Brandon will channel Uncle Russell a bit more this time around. Also, if any of these newbs watched BB, he might have a bit of a Willie shadow to stay out of. Based on my own opinions of Brandon, I think he’s a worthy competitor who needs to pair up with the best of the best this season.

Hope – Basically, hope is a female version of me. We’re both from the same area, give or take, and both have Midwestern values. She is playing to pay for her law school expenses, which I can relate to because it is the same reasoning I use when justifying my
future Reality TV career. I like that she describes herself as tenacious, because I too us words like this when describing myself. If she is similar to me in other areas, she needs to be cautious when it comes to reading her opponents and make sure she checks emotion at the door. I think she, like Laura, can make it far on looks as well as smarts. Especially with some of the guys in this cast!

Laura - I believe that Laura will make it the farthest out of all my girls. She appears very innocent! This typically fairs well for young female castaways. She’s climbed a mountain in North Africa, showing that she has stamina and can endure treacherous environments. Her hobbies include jigsaw puzzles, which is encouraging as we all know that there will be puzzles involved at multiple points this season.

Shamar – What can I say about Shamar? He’s a war vet, which means he’s a beast! He can respect authority as well as be authoritative. He’s an experienced leader amongst his troop, and has been from a young age. I see him taking on the leadership role within his tribe and being a Skupin type. However, I do feel like he could develop a bit of an ego which makes me nervous. He doesn’t like people who lack passion, and I like that. I also see that leading to some potential conflict with his tribe mates. We shall see!

Malcolm - My number one draft pick going into the draft, was Malcolm. The guy is a total beast! If it weren’t for Skupin and Lisa, I would have cheered him on harder last season. I think he has what it takes to make it to the final three this time around. He was so close last season! He’s just going to need to make sure he get’s in good with the fans. Thankfully for him, the fans may not be entirely familiar with him. Assuming the seasons were filmed back to back, his entire season (if any of it at all) would yet to have aired. A definite advantage! Malcolm’s immunity wins and competitive edge make him the ideal candidate for sole survivor.


So, there you have it. My draft picks for Survivor: Caramoan are in. Obviously, it’s my hope that none of these guys are eliminated before Hannah’s picks. Let’s be honest, I want to drag that girl's tribe through the mud…it would bring me a great amount of joy. We're talking Christmas morning kind of joy!



Hannah's Dingus Rankings

  1. Cochran
  2. Erik
  3. Brenda
  4. Andrea
  5. Michael
  6. Allie
  7. Eddie
  8. Phillip
  9. Francesca
  10. Sherri
*Ranked 1-favorite, 10-least favorite

I'm going to summarize my wonderful tribe a little bit differently than Austin, because.. I can.  First, if you're not that into Survivor, you may wonder why someone, seemingly proud of their tribe, would name it Dingus. But, if you've watched enough Survivor, you'll know that Dingus was the tribe name that the great Stephen Fishbach suggested at the merge during Survivor: Tocantins.  So, since it was deprived of being used then, I figured that this was the next best thing considering that my tribe is amazing.

Moving on, I ended up with more returning players than I had originally hoped to have, but seeing as how I avoided getting Brandon, I'm fine. (AustHan Fun Fact: I, Hannah, am not Brandon Hantz's biggest fan. Nor am I a fan of him at all.)  I feel like my first draft pick, John Cochran, was very wisely used.  Well, I hope it was.  He played somewhat questionably the first time around on Survivor: South Pacific, but at least he played thinking strategically and wasn't afraid to make big moves!  From what interviews are out there at this point, I feel like he'll play a better rounded game this second time around.  Add in the fact that he has great confessionals, is a HUGE fan of the game, was #TeamIan during BB14 with me, and has lovely ginger hair, and what is not to love about this guy?  (AustHan Bonus Fact: He also taught me the supposed proper pronunciation of "Reese's" via Twitter, so I feel I owe the guy something!)

Another great pick-up was Erik. I KNOW. He made one of, if not the, dumbest moves in Survivor history, but other than that, he was great!  He was great at challenges and I always found him really entertaining to watch.  I think he is a great addition to this cast seeing as how he was a part of the Favorites tribe during the original Fans vs. Favorites season, Survivor: Micronesia.  Big hopes and dreams for this guy this season.

Also, from what I know, or what I have seen, I feel that the females are all pretty strong on my tribe.  I don't really see any of these women being perceived as "weak" in the game, and I really like that.  I mean, I'm kind of apprehensive about having Sherri.  From what I have seen/read, I do like her, but let's not forget that women like my friend Sherri are oftentimes the first boot.  But hey, I'm quite the fan of exceptions to the rules.  #TeamSherri!

Goodness.  I could go on all day about how fabulous I think my tribe is.  I have the great pairing of Francesca and Phillip in my tribe, and like in their first season Survivor: Redemption Island, I feel they'll provide great entertainment ("Fransesqua") again this second time around.  There's also a possibility that Eddie could be the unstoppable alpha male of this season.  Allie seems like a legitimate fan of the show, and bonus: a fan of Big Brother, so you know I HAD to pick her.  Also, I have Michael who is a Rob Cesternino fan, so I mean, I have great hopes for Dingus.  I have no doubt in my mind that Dingus can kick all of Akamai to the curb and I will come out of this season victorious.  But I mean, we'll see. #TeamDingus


Survivor: Caramoan primeres Wednesday, February 13th on CBS at 8pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment