Friday, January 11, 2013

Project Runway All Stars: Final Four Recap!


            Granted that you are caught up and have watched the most recent episode of Project Runway All Stars, I bring you my recap!  I got into this season kind of late because I didn’t know about it until one random Thursday when I saw my all-time favorite from the show, season 9’s Viktor Luna, live-tweeting during it.  At first I was horrified that I had missed more than half the season.  Then, I was excited to catch up on all of the episodes.  Then I was yet again horrified when I saw how absolutely terrible Lifetime’s website is with posting episodes.  So alas, I’ll admit that I have only watched the past three or four episodes (including tonight’s episode.)

            So we’re down to the final four which consists of: Joshua McKinley (season 9, and my personal favorite for this season), Anthony Ryan Auld (season 9, and my backup favorite), Emilio Sosa (season 7, was ROBBED during that season btw), and the last remaining woman in the competition, Uli Herzner (season 3, I started watching season 4, but have seen season 3 after the fact and I liked her a good amount.)  So I’m actually probably going to be happy with whoever wins, because they’re all great (unlike the finalists in the first season of PR All Stars, which HAVE YOU KNOW, I absolutely loved the end result of.), I just have.. preferences!

            The challenge for the episode has been announced, and the designers will be designing couture!  I’m so excited about this because I love this category!  The designers are going shopping for their materials in PARIS, FRANCE!  Wow, they’re really going big on this episode!  The four designers are getting a private tour of the House of Valentino.  Anthony is rocking yellow skinny jeans!  (I love colored skinny jeans!  It's one of my favorite current trends, which means Anthony was rocking the trend before it struck gold!)  The designers get invited to the huge couture show!

Joshua McKinley, runner up of
season 9 of Project Runway
“I’m like a straight guy at a baseball game!” –Joshua, reacting to the invite

            Going to Paris for this episode was a fabulous decision.  Having the designers drawing out their designs in front of the Eiffel Tower looks AMAZING on camera.  Actually, Paris as a whole, looks fabulous on film.  The designers go shopping for fabric and I think that Emilio picked the best fabric out of the four.  It is red and unlike anything I have ever seen!  I can only expect something perfect will result from this!  Fabric is bought, show is over, now it’s time to get back to the US and get to work!

            The designers start working on their couture dresses and everyone is having some kind of struggle with their design.  Anthony scraps his first design!  Joshua has strange fabric!  Uli has some alligator/gladiator looking fabric that is causing some trouble, but at least it is not white!  Emilio, okay I actually love his, but Joanna Coles thinks the appliques could be too much for the dress.   Okay, the working is done.  That was quick!  Now it’s time for the best part of the show, the runway!

My thoughts on the dresses:
  1. Joshua’s dress: Oh wow.  I think Joshua is in great danger with this one.  His dress looks like the top of one dress combined with the bottom of another.  The top is black lace with some white throughout it and the top actually looks great and he should have ran with that idea.  The bottom is very colorful and flowery and doesn’t look very couture at all.  He’ll be in the bottom.
  2. Anthony’s dress:  Anthony’s dress is very nice!  But a lot black which is sometimes hard for me to really love.  His dress has somewhat of a glimmer to it from the lace.
  3. Uli’s dress:  Uli also went with black fabric but it has a lot of gold in it as well.  I like the idea of her dress, but I cannot get past my dislike for the fabric.  I believe she’ll be in the bottom with Joshua.
  4. Emilio’s dress: RED RED RED!  Apparently he decided to scrap the appliques which somewhat upsets me because I loved those!  But wow, his dress is STUNNING.  If he doesn’t win this challenge, I’ll be surprised!  I love the volume and I feel like he really made the best decisions regarding his fabric and design.  Such a strong design, he has to be a lock for the final 3!

            So the judges award Anthony with the win!  I’m alright with this, but I still think Emilio should have won.  Oh well, these smaller wins don’t really count for anything in the end.  Uli and Joshua are in the bottom two.  The judges are giving them one last task to see who should clutch the final spot in the final 3.  This task is apparently something “few designers have attempted to do!”  Oooh, Project Runway, you tease me!  Uli and Joshua are given the task to deconstruct their dresses and make something new out of it IN ONE HOUR!!!  This is crazy!! And they have to do it right on the runway, but the judges will not be around.

“Uli has no problem with this because hers was just scraps of fabric anyway.” –Joshua

            The reinvented looks are revealed!  I feel like Uli did a better job with hers, since she was more creative.  I feel like Joshua just trimmed the sleeves and most of the bottom off of his dress, but his dress really does look so much better with less of the flowery print.  Uli removed the majority of her fabric, changed the top of the dress, and it looks like a completely different dress.  And the jacket that she made is beautiful!  Nonetheless, both dresses look really awesome, even better after knowing they were only given an hour to do their work! 

            Apparently the whole time, Emilio and Anthony Ryan have been sitting in the backroom waiting, not knowing what’s going on.  That must have been suspenseful!  But now the results are in, and Joshua is out! NO!  He was my favorite!  I really could see this one coming though so I’m not quite as emotional over this as I could be.

The cast of 'Project Runway: All Stars' (Season 2)
            Next week is the finale of All Stars 2!  They will be making mini collections and have only four days to do it!  I think I have changed my mind and want Emilio to win, but really, all three are amazing and have performed great throughout the entire season!


Project Runway All Stars airs at 9pm on Thursdays on Lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment