Monday, October 28, 2013

AHW Dancing with the Stars Draft: Week #7 Results!

Photo Credit: ABC / Dancing with the Stars
On tonight's episode of Dancing with the Stars, the pairs were given the task of performing a second dance!  The eight remaining stars and their partners were split into groups of four for some group dances, with everyone gaining the same amount of extra points as the others on their team.  What were my three favorite dances of the night?  Also, in terms of the AustHan's World Dancing with the Stars draft, which team came out of the night as the winner?  And which team lost another team member?

Three favorite dances of the night (in order of how well I liked them):
  1. Corbin and Karina:  Corbin is fantastic!  Tonight, he danced a Cha-Cha-Cha that was maybe my favorite dance of the entire season.  Actually, scratch that, it is indeed my favorite dance of the season thus far.  Moments like this (plus how brilliant he was during tonight's group
    VOTE BRETA!  Credit: ABC
    dance) further prove my point of my last DWTS post.  Corbin is levels above the others and it is nice to see him finally get a score reflective of his dance, although I believe he should have landed a 30 for this gem!  PS:  Can we talk about how amazing Karina is?  I would kill to be able to cha-cha-cha as well as her!  
    #TeamCorbina
  2. Brant and Peta:  My team members made me so proud this week!  Breta danced a Jive tonight and ended up with a 27.  I can't express the worry that filled me when Brant nearly fell near the end of the dance (due to the skirt of death!)  But the dance we fun and even ended with a Breta kiss.  What more can I ask for from my favorites?
  3. Snooki and Sasha:  Snooki danced a Samba and despite the struggles that faced her all week long, I thought she did a fantastic job!  She scored a 27 this week.  I feel like Snooki and Sasha could take any style of dance and make it entertaining to watch and that's why they are my favorite members of #TeamAustin!
The draft results for Week #7:

#TeamHannah Scores:  27 (57) + 29 (59) + 29 (59) + 23 (50) = 225 / 8
Average Score of  28.13
#TeamAustin Scores:  27 (54) + 26 (53) + 27 (57) + 27 (54)  = 218 / 8
Average Score of 27.25

*Scores in parentheses are the combination of solo dance and group dance.
**Team total divided by 8 since the four pairs on each team danced twice.

This means that #TeamHannah cleaned up their act after last week and came through with another strong win!  At the end of the episode, it was announced that Snooki and Bill would be the last two to find out their fate in the competition.  In the end, Snooki was shockingly the fifth person eliminated from the competition!  So, I gain 2 points for winning this episode while Austin loses 1 point and a member of #TeamAustin.

Current AustHan's World Dancing with the Stars Draft Standings:
Team Hannah: 8 points
Team Austin: 1 points

My thoughts on tonight's elimination:  Remember a couple of weeks ago when I was shocked by Christina's early elimination?  Well, I am about five times more surprised by Snooki's!  I had hopes of Snooki making the final 3, or final 5-6 at the very least.  I thought Snooki performed well every week and in tonight's group dance especially, I felt that she was one of the strongest on the team.  (Not that it was an extremely difficult feat, considering her teammates, but she was still miles above them.)  I must admit, Snooki's elimination sent me to tears when she started crying.  I'm glad that she got the opportunity to change the public's image of her - and I feel like she did a great job of doing so.  She always gave the show her best effort and her dances were always so upbeat and fun.  I will miss them!  Dance in Peace, Snooki.. dance in peace!

With five stars eliminated from the show, only seven remain to dance for the
winning title!  Who do you think has what it takes?  
Photo Credit: ABC / DWTS
Are you happy with tonight's elimination?  What was your favorite dance of the night and why?  Feel free to tell me in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment