Monday, October 7, 2013

AHW Dancing with the Stars Draft: Week #4 Results!

Photo Credit: ABC / Dancing with the Stars
On tonight's episode of Dancing with the Stars, the pairs were given the task of performing an unlearned dance.  I have to say, it was a fun night on the show, but full of injuries!  What were my five favorite dances of the night?  Also, in terms of the AustHan's World Dancing with the Stars draft, which team came out of the night as the winner?  And which team lost their second team member?

Five favorite dances of the night (in order of how well I liked them):
  1. Corbin and Karina:  This week, they danced a Paso Doble and scored a well deserved 27.  There were some minor flaws in his dancing, but I still believe he is the most talented competitor and biggest threat this season.  It's not hard to see how dedicated he is.  Yes, yes, everyone wants to win, but this guy is asking for the hardest and best choreography and it's only week #4!  His improvement is crystal clear from week to week.
  2. Amber and Derek:  Amber had injured knees this week, but went on to dance a Tango, and she danced it very well, I must say!  Amber and Derek scored a 27 as well this week.  I still think her footwork needs some improvement, but all things considered, she performed very well tonight.
  3. Elizabeth and Val:  I want to like them.  I really, really do.  This week they danced a very technical Argentine Tango and scored in the top tier with a 27.  But, I have to admit, they come off boring to me.  I think that she is a good, technical dancer and I love Val (he is one of my favorite professionals on the show and I rooted for him all of last season), but I still just don't know yet if she has the likability or fan base to run the distance.
  4. Nicole and Sasha:  Nicole/Snooki/(What are we even calling her?) danced a fast-paced Jive this week and scored a 24.  I loved this dance!  It was to the tune of "Mickey," the classic cheerleading song.  I thought it was a very entertaining dance and that she was hitting a lot of great moves throughout it.  Her facial expressions while she dances do throw me off though!  I think she is improving on them, but she is still very serious, and this week was one where she should just open up and have some fun with it, given her past in cheerleading.
  5. Brant and Peta:  Oh my Breta.  I believe Brant and Peta's Salsa was VERY misjudged.  I mean, does anyone agree with me?  They scored a 21 this week, which was on the same level as Bill "I'm a dreadfully poor dancer, but hey, I have fun!" Engvall!  I mean, let's be real, Brant is one of the ones on this cast that has a fun time during his dances, but on top of that, he has much more talent than Bill Engvall, so the 21 this week is just a bit offensive to me.  I thought tonight's dance was overall.. pretty good.  Definitely middle of the pack in my mind.  I was thinking the 23-range.  Also, Julianne, I have written a book for you and it's called Flirting: You're doing it wrong!
The draft results for Week #4:  This week, the teams were actually even once again, but I've decided to just stick with the team averages from this point onward.  In reality, it changes nothing.  It just gives a better glimpse as to how well the team did "together, as individuals." (I totally just invented that phrase.)

#TeamHannah Scores:  21 + 27 + 24 + 27 + 21 = 120 / 5
Average Score of  24.0
#TeamAustin Scores:  24 + 27 + 18 + 24 + 24 = 117 / 5 
Average Score of 23.4

Something is wrong in the world when
Snooki is in the bottom three this early
in the competition!  
Photo Credit: Rickey
This means that #TeamHannah came through with the win for the third week in a row!  At the end of the episode, it was announced that Brant, Nicole, and Valerie would be the last three to find out their fate in the competition.  In the end, Valerie was the third person eliminated from the competition!  So, I gain 2 points for winning this episode while Austin loses 1 point and a member of #TeamAustin.

Current AustHan's World Dancing with the Stars Draft Standings:
Team Hannah: 5 points
Team Austin: 0 points

Photo Credit: ABC
My thoughts on tonight's elimination: As you can imagine, from a draft standpoint, I'm fairly content with Valerie being eliminated from the competition.  Although, on one hand, it may be harder for my team to win from this point onward.  Also, Valerie was indeed the weakest competitor in the competition, so I kind of like how the season is playing out - with the weakest being eliminated first.  But on a more serious note, Valerie surprised me with how well she did throughout the competition.  She is an inspiration for anyone who is fighting a battle or knows someone fighting a battle.  Valerie's personality was a shining light on the show and it was rare to ever see her without a smile on her face.  Also, she left the competition like a true champion.  I send only the best of wishes to Valerie.

Three competitors are now out of the competition and only nine remain!  Who
will be eliminated next?  
Photo Credit:  ABC / Dancing with the Stars
Are you happy with tonight's elimination?  What was your favorite dance of the night and why?  Feel free to tell me in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment