Monday, October 14, 2013

AHW Dancing with the Stars Draft: Week #5 Results!

Photo Credit: ABC / Dancing with the Stars
On tonight's episode of Dancing with the Stars, the pairs were given the task of performing an unlearned dance inspired by the most important year in their life. The stars dedicated their dances to people (and sometimes life changes) that they love and the result was spectacular.  The dances were full of emotion!  What were my five favorite dances of the night?  Also, in terms of the AustHan's World Dancing with the Stars draft, which team came out of the night as the winner?  And which team lost another team member?

Five favorite dances of the night (in order of how well I liked them):
  1. Brant and Peta:  My precious Breta is once again at the top of my favorites list.  Tonight, they danced a Contemporary dance dedicated to Brant's father who passed away in 2009.  The dance was very powerful and emotional, and they scored a 27!  Brant is always giving the show his all,
    VOTE BRETA!  Photo Credit:  Rickey.org
    so I love to see the scores that he deserves once again being thrown his way!
  2. Elizabeth and Val:  Tonight was pretty suspicious.  I didn't see Elizabeth anywhere!  But have no fear, Jessie Spano took her place.  Honestly, it was like we were back in the 90's!  Jessie has barely aged!  While I didn't love the dance itself, the intro to the dance was enough to push it onto my favorites list.  Their Jive (on which they scored a 26) started off with a reenactment of the infamous pill addiction scene on Saved by the Bell.  "They're my jive pills!"  And to top it all off, the dance was to the tune of "I'm so Excited!" which was the song Jessie sang before realizing her addiction.
  3. Corbin and Karina:  Corbin dedicated his Foxtrot tonight to his little sister, and he ended up scoring a 28.  Truthfully, he should have had a 29 tonight, but the rules wouldn't allow it!  :(  Corbin is a fantastic dancer and has shown great performances in areas besides his comfort zone.  I look forward to his dances each week and hope that he's in the competition for many weeks to come!
  4. Snooki and Sasha:  Snooki danced a Jazz routine and scored a 27.  I really liked this dance of hers.  It was another fast-paced dance and I think she really does best at those given her background in cheerleading. (Not that that probably helps that much?)  I'm really growing to root for her on the show despite the fact that she's not on my team.  She has shown great talent and hard work each week.  Also, she has done an amazing job of turning around her image for the better in the public eye.
  5. Christina and Mark:  Christina danced a Cha Cha Cha and scored a 28.  We finally got the first 10 of the season thanks to Christina and Mark and it was well deserved!  I loved the dance and thought she did remarkably well with it.
The draft results for Week #4:

#TeamHannah Scores:  28 + 28 + 24 + 27 + 26 = 133 / 5
Average Score of  26.6
#TeamAustin Scores:  27 + 22 + 27 + 26  = 102 / 4 
Average Score of 25.5

This means that #TeamHannah came through with the win for the fourth week in a row!  At the end of the episode, it was announced that Elizabeth, Christina, and Leah would be the last three to find out their fate in the competition.  In the end, Christina was shockingly the fourth person eliminated from the competition!  So, I gain 2 points for winning this episode while losing 1 point and a member of #TeamHannah.

Current AustHan's World Dancing with the Stars Draft Standings:
Team Hannah: 6 points
Team Austin: 0 points

My thoughts on tonight's elimination:  I am shocked by Christina's elimination tonight.  Completely shocked!  She scored the first 10 of the season and was a consistently great dancer all throughout the show.  Considering that she was tied for the highest score of the night and the fact that there are still a couple very low-level dancers left on the show, I didn't see this coming.  I get it.  It's decided partially by a fan vote, but I'm convinced there was some rigging with tonight's result.  Yes, I thought she had absolutely zero chance of winning the show, but leaving this early?  In what world is Leah or Bill getting THAT many more fan votes than Christina, or even though she's a good dancer, Elizabeth?  I guess I'm giving ABC what they want with an outraged blog, but honestly, I can't be the only one that feels this way.  Lol. It's not that she's on my draft team nor the fact that I was a fan (because I'm really.. not?  besides AM to PM.) but she was one of the most talented on the show and I'd much rather watch someone great dance than a snoozer.  Also!  Poor Mark!  Mark is probably the actual reason I'm so furious about this result, as he is my favorite professional dancer on the show. *Weeps into pillow*  Back in season 5, he was paired with Sabrina Bryan (from the Cheetah Girls!) and they were fantastic.  She scored a 30 early on, but she was eliminated very early, in the 6th week of the competition.  Ah, I will miss you being on the show each week, Mark.  And.. uh.. maybe Christina. (But not really.  I will only miss her because she helped out my team score A LOT each week!)

With four stars eliminated from the show, only eight remain to dance for the
winning title!  Who do you think has what it takes?  
Photo Credit: ABC / DWTS
Are you happy with tonight's elimination?  What was your favorite dance of the night and why?  Feel free to tell me in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment