Monday, September 23, 2013

AHW Dancing with the Stars Draft: Week #2 Results!

Photo Credit: ABC, Dancing with the Stars
Tonight was the second episode of this season of Dancing with the Stars and the night that the first competitor would be eliminated!  Will #TeamHannah or #TeamAustin be the first to suffer a loss?  What were my five favorite dances from tonight's episode?  (Note: Do not read further if you have not yet watched the show and don't want to see spoilers!)

Five Favorite Dances of the Night (in order of how well I liked them):
Is a dancemance in the air for #TeamHannah?  #Breta

  1. Corbin and Karina:  They danced a fast-paced Jive and he did extremely well.  What really made me love this performance, though, was Corbin's costume for the dance!  He was sporting a baseball uniform!  The only way that dance could have gotten more High School Musical would have been to have them dance to a HSM song instead of the One Direction that they actually danced to.
  2. Christina and Mark:  This is one of my favorite overall partnerships of the season.  A lot of the reason why I picked Christina for my team was that I saw potential given what she's done in the past relating to both her past in singing and dance.  Her Paso Doble had a lot of emotion in and and I thought it was very well executed and deserving of 25 that it received.  (Maybe even higher than that!)
  3. Elizabeth and Val:  Their Samba was very upbeat, which always draws my attention and interest, but aside from that, I think I was right in regards to my gut feeling that she might end up doing how Jennie Garth did on the show seasons ago.. very well.  It was surprising to see her in the bottom three this week, which indicates one of the smaller fan bases, but she is talented and deserves to last a while in the competition! 
  4. Brant and Peta:  Is it too early for me to start shipping #Breta?  Tonight they danced the Rumba and there is so much chemistry between the two of them when they dance.  Mix that with the fact that he has danced decently in both of his dances thus far and also the fact that he's got the looks to get a lock on the teenage votes - and I feel like he's golden for at least a few more weeks.  Love the partnership and I loved tonight's dance.
  5. Leah and Tony:  Tonight Leah danced the Samba and really showed some talent.  I think this is the Leah that I expected to see when I first saw the cast release.  It'll be surprising to see if she has enough fans to carry her far, but if she keeps improving, she should pull in more votes each week.  One of my favorite improvements from last week's premiere to tonight's episode.
The results for Episode #2 are in...

Team Hannah:  136 points
Team Austin: 130 points

Tonight's team win gives me 2 points in the overall draft.  Making the count: 2-2.  But tonight's elimination resulted in Keyshawn Johnson being the first eliminated.  Keyshawn was on #TeamAustin, so therefore Austin loses 1 point in the overall draft, leaving the current draft status at:

Team Hannah:  2 points
Team Austin:  1 point

My thoughts on tonight's elimination:  I'm 100% okay with Keyshawn being eliminated from the competition.  First off, he wasn't on my team!  That alone is enough for me to support it.  But beyond that, it is good to see a football player leave the competition so early, because usually they go far no matter how good or bad they are - but because football fans love them some Dancing with the Stars!  Also, he was one of the weaker dancers in the competition and lacked the personality that the other weaker dancers like Bill Nye, Bill Engvall, Snooki, and Valerie possess, so I'm glad he left over one of those four, as far as first week results go!

Photo Credit:  ABC, Dancing with the Stars
Are you happy with tonight's elimination?  What was your favorite dance of the night?  Feel free to tell me in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment