Sunday, August 11, 2013

Hannah wraps up season 9 of the Next Food Network Star!

Photo Credit:  Food Network
Well, well, well.. it's official.  The ninth season of #FoodNetworkStar has come to an end.  Back in May, Austin and I did a #FoodNetworkStar Draft!  And I must say, from an early point in the competition, I thought I had this draft on lockdown.  #TeamHannah continued to pick off the members of #TeamAustin one by one, despite a semi-early loss of Danushka.  In the end, it came down to 2 vs. 1.  After an early third place announcement for Russell, it truly became an AustHan showdown.  I must admit, despite the fact that I counted out Rodney VERY early on, I was worried.  But then, NFNS returned from its last commercial break to announce the winner!

And the winner of Food Network Star is...

Photo Credit:  Food Network

Congrats, Damaris!  Austin and I were huge fans of yours throughout the season!  You showed great improvement throughout the season and had an amazing, bright personality to go with it.  AustHan is beyond excited for the premiere of your show in the fall!

And with that, Damaris is the next Food Network Star!  Are you happy with this win?  Will you be watching her show when it airs?  Tell me in the comments below!  Original Photo Credit:  Food Network

Final Thoughts-

I have watched Food Network Star since season 4, when my man Adam Gertler made the final 3, but did not win. (I am verily certain that he would have won had the public voted.)  Adam went on to have two shows on the Food Network, a true depiction that you don't need to win to get a show, or do big things!

But, in all the seasons that I have watched, I have been the most dedicated (when it came to watching and loving) this season.  When Austin and I did the NFNS draft back in May (seems like so long ago!)  I never imagined how hooked I would get!  I also had the awesome opportunity to meet some of the cast.  With that, I met the winner.  (and the runner-up!)  This season had a great cast and I knew I'd be happy with the winner at episode 4 or 5!
When I met Damaris a month ago, I had no clue that she
was going to win!  (Or else I would have probably asked for
about 20 more pictures!)  Also, in addition to this, I have a
selfie with her.   Solidifying her amazingness!
Next season will have a lot to live up to, but I will be here blogging it.  And Austin and I will be here with a draft!  Shout-out to #TeamHannah for pulling through for me on this one!  To be honest, my losses were starting to get embarrassing!

2 comments:

  1. Would be cool if you'd cover the Jeopardy! 30th anniversary tournament & the Shark Tank season premiere...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestions! I was considering covering the whole season of Shark Tank, since it's one of my favorite shows, but when does that tournament start? I only watch Jeopardy from time to time, but I would cover it if it's something you think you and others would like.

      Delete