Saturday, June 8, 2013

Day #9 of the 26 Days of Eric Stein!

Eric Stein is the king of BB8.  Deal with it.
"While the concept behind "have your cake and eat it too" is a useful and frequently relevant one, I take issue with the saying itself.  Why would someone want to simply HAVE their cake?  I mean the entire point of having a cake is to eat it... it serves no function to simply have it... undoubtedly it'd go stale, ultimately grow mold, and be thrown out roughly one week later anyways.  I'd much rather just eat it.  It's more like I'd rather eat 2 different types of cake and enjoy them both.  Nobody wants to simply have a cake for ownership."

I chose this Eric picture solely because I find it funny.  Eric never failed to show his true colors during the HOH photoshoots of Big Brother 8.  Honestly, as time passes and I realize I've watched every season (and rewatched many of them) it's almost impossible to think of anyone who was/is genuinely funnier than Eric Stein.  All of the humor that he shows just comes naturally and isn't forced, and in BB especially, that is the best kind of funny and the best kind to watch.  Read anything Eric wrote and/or listen to anything he said post-BB days and he is almost exactly the same that he was in the house.

I know that I've used a lot of quotes from his old blogs, but to be honest, his blogs are what kept me so interested long-term.  I enjoy this given quote a lot though because it's the truth!  I mean, it's one of those things that you never think about or notice, but then Eric Stein points it out and you feel dumb for not having realized it yourself.  Also, the way that Eric words things makes it 100 times better than anything anyone else could have come up with so it's a win-win.  

No comments:

Post a Comment