Sunday, November 17, 2013

AHW Dancing with the Stars Draft: Week #9 Update!

Photo Credit: ABC / Dancing with the Stars
Another week bites the dust and we are quickly approaching the finale!  Something that I am now quite grateful for!  I must admit, with the recent loss of #Breta, my interest level has dropped very low, to the point that I completely napped through this episode!  On this week's episode of Dancing with the Stars, the pairs had to dance one unlearned dance and also a trio dance (a dance with a third partner!)  What was my favorite dance of the night?  Also, in terms of the AustHan's World Dancing with the Stars draft, which team came out of the night as the winner?  And which team lost another team member?

Favorite Dance of the Night: So the largest part of me feels that I should give Corbin's Jazz trio dance (with which he scored a 30) the title of my favorite dance of the episode.  But no, my friends, no.. the smaller part of me rebels!  My favorite dance of the night was actually Amber and Derek's trio dance with Mark Ballas.  It was a fast-paced Salsa and they ended up scoring a 27, so clearly, there were some improvements to be made about it.  But I just love when Mark and Derek pair up, whether it's singing or dancing.  They're so talented.  #ForeverJealousOfAmber


The draft results for Week #7:

#TeamHannah Scores:  24 + 27 + 28 + 30 + 21 + 21 = 151 / 6
Average Score of  25.17
#TeamAustin Scores:  27 + 27 + 29 + 25 + 26 + 30 = 164 / 6
Average Score of 27.33


This means that #TeamAustin basically ran away with the win for the week!  At the end of the episode, it was announced that Elizabeth and Bill would be the last two to find out their fate in the competition.  In the end, Elizabeth was shockingly the seventh person eliminated from the competition!  So, Austin gains 2 points for winning this episode while losing 1 point and a member of #TeamAustin

Current AustHan's World Dancing with the Stars Draft Standings:
Team Hannah: 9 points
Team Austin: 2 points

My thoughts on tonight's elimination:  I had my doubts about whether or not Elizabeth would have the fanbase needed to carry her through the entire competition.  Because of this fact, I chose to not pick her in the draft, although I did think there was a possibility that she could "Jennie Garth" it.  (She came in fourth place on season five.)  But despite these doubts, it was undeniable that Elizabeth and Val were one of the best pairs in the competition from the very start.  In the end, I think Elizabeth's personality wasn't helpful in bringing in fans and her pre-existing SBTB fans were just not enough.

I am 90% okay with her elimination, mostly because she is not on my team and was always a key factor in helping Austin's team beat me in the weekly scores.  The 10% not okay is based on the fact of where this competition is headed.  Sure, Corbin is extremely talented and far away the best left in the competition now.  But Amber and Jack are just okay - not worthy winners, in my opinion.  And I think we all know where my opinion lies on Bill and Leah.  Despite all of this, I am grateful to Elizabeth and Val for one thing this season - the Saved by the Bell-inspired jive!

With seven stars eliminated from the show, only five remain to dance for the
winning title!  Who do you think has what it takes?  
Photo Credit: ABC / DWTS
Are you happy with this week's elimination?  What was your favorite dance of the night and why?  Feel free to tell me in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment