Monday, September 16, 2013

AHW Dancing with the Stars Draft: Week #1 Results!

Photo Credit: ABC
While pondering of something fun to do with this current season of Dancing with the Stars, which just ended minutes ago, I decided to do a point system with Austin and I's draft.  The point system is as follows:

The winning team each week gains 2 points.
When there is an elimination of a draft pick, your team loses 1 point.
If the third place finisher is on your team, you gain 3 points.
If the runner-up is on your team, you gain 4 points.
If the WINNER is on your team, you gain 5 points.

As for week one, the teams remain even so the winning team was determined by the total number of team points.  Once teams become uneven, the winning team will be determined by the average team score. (Adding everyone on a team's points together, dividing by the total number of people on the team)

A quick summary of each dancer tonight (via the mind and opinions of Hannah, in order):
  1. Brant and Peta (Team Hannah):  His movement was awkward at times, but there is potential: in his dancing ability, of chemistry with his partner, and of him locking down the "teen vote" with his beautiful face.
  2. Leah and Tony (Team Austin):  She was not too bad for her first dance!  Preseason I believed that she might have the potential to go far, but after tonight, I'm not quite sure!
  3. Corbin and Karina (Team Hannah):  He was awesome!  As expected (with his HSM/Broadway background)
  4. Jack and Cheryl (Team Austin):  I was pretty impressed by his performance.  A lot better than expected, especially after he was diagnosed with MS. 
  5. Amber and Derek (Team Hannah):  She was by far the biggest surprise of the night, for me!  I guess I should have expected it with her Glee background and all, but I never knew how passionate she was about dancing, a definite benefit to her in the competition.  Plus her dance was super fun!
  6. Elizabeth and Val (Team Austin):  Val is probably my favorite pro-dancer on the show, so she automatically gets one thumbs up from me for that.  But as I believe preseason, I think she gives off a Jennie Garth vibe.  Jennie made it far, so maybe there is hope for Elizabeth as well!
  7. Bill Nye and Tyne (Team Hannah):  First off, let me just focus on how GLORIOUS his appearance on the series is.  From the moment his intro video began, I believe the crowd was laughing and in love with Bill.  #IsThisABeakerOrAFlask No, his dancing skills aren't anywhere near the skills of the others in the competition, but Bill brings something beyond technique and that is entertainment and happiness.  A lot like Andy Dick (although Andy was a better dancer than Bill) and a lot of the reason WHY Andy was my favorite last season.  Also, who wouldn't vote for Bill Nye the science guy when the whole crowd is basically singing the theme song?  #BillBillBillBillBillBill 
  8. Keyshawn and Sharna (Team Austin):  Football players have a tendency to go far in this competition, talent or no talent, but I honestly don't see this guy lasting more than maybe 4-5 eliminations.  He's not a great dancer and, at least in this premiere, his personality did not shine bright. 
  9. Christina and Mark (Team Hannah):  I was in love with her performance tonight and was somewhat surprised when the judges didn't feel the same.  I see great potential with her in this competition, nonetheless.
  10. Bill Engvall and Emma (Team Hannah):  I don't know how long he'll last.  His dancing skills were around the same level as Keyshawn's, which doesn't say a lot.  But he has the comedian thing going for him.
  11. Valerie and Tristan (Team Austin):  A beyond inspiring dance.  Despite being older and having a lot go against her, she is very talented and her personality shines very bright.
  12. Snookcole and Sasha (Team Austin):  Snooki was much better than I predicted she would be!  I was expecting Kate Gosselin mixed with some Kim Kardashian.  Snooki brought some personality and I could see her dominating some dances, after gaining more experience.
So, after a good premiere episode of Dancing with the Stars, the results are in!

Team Hannah:  127 points
Team Austin:  129 points

So, as painful as it is for me to admit, Austin wins Week #1!

Team Hannah:  0 points
Team Austin:  2 points

The cast of season 17 of Dancing with the Stars.  Photo Credit: ABC
Whose dance did you like the most tonight?  Who will your 12 votes go to?  Tell me in the comment section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment