Wednesday, August 21, 2013

AustHan drafts the Survivor: Blood vs Water castaways!

Four weeks remain until the September 18th premiere of Survivor: Blood vs Water!  Blood vs Water is the 27th season of the show, but for the first time ever, we will be seeing returning players play against none other than their own family members (or partners)!  Considering that the full cast was officially released today, Austin and I completed a Blood vs Water draft, much like we did for Survivor: Caramoan!  In the time since the last Survivor draft, we have had three drafts conclude.  Austin won two of those and I won one, which resulted in Austin winning the first draft pick overall in this draft!  The results fell as follows:


Comments from Austin:

Finally! After a slew of summer drafts, I finally get to take a whack at the first round! Heading into BvW, I had one goal in mind. Said goal being to draft the one and only Tina Wesson. Most notably my very first reality TV favorite! As the draft progressed, I wanted to build a team that was similar to my Survivor: Caramoan team, but different in a few key areas. I wanted to stick with strong men. Although none of the men from #TeamAustin made it to the final tribal last season, it was a strategy that I think helped get me a little bit deeper in the first draft. The biggest change to the Austin draft formula, was how I went about selecting the ladies. I wanted to stock my team with women who appear to be both physically and mentally sharp.And, not only did Tina make my team for being, well, Tina, she made my team to fill the "Dawn" void. Dawn was my ticket to the finals in season 26, and as any true reality TV fan knows, if something works once, it's usually recycled a thousand more times! And naturally, being the Big Brother enthusiast that I am, Hayden had to join #TeamAustin.


Comments from Hannah:  

While I lost out on having the first draft pick this season, I am extremely happy about the result of this draft!  One of the reasons that I enjoy doing drafts with Austin so much is that we always go for the opposite people.  For example, seven of my ten were in my top 10.  The only person that I lost out on from my top 8 was Tina and I knew beforehand that I didn't have a shot at getting her - as she would be Austin's first pick!  Therefore I ended up using a lot of strategy in this draft that worked in my favor.  

Going into the season, Aras, Gervase, and Tyson are my favorites based off what I have seen from them in the past.  While I don't know anything about Rachel and Vytas, as they are new to the game, I picked them early because 1.) Rachel listed a SNUGGIE as one of the 3 things she would want to take with her, and 2.) Vytas is a math professor!  The only sad thing about this draft was that there were no real steals.  In other words, Austin and I generally got the people that we wanted on our teams and didn't have a lot of shared picks.

So, that wraps up another one of the AustHan drafts!  Are you #TeamAustin or #TeamHannah?  Tell us in the comments below or on Twitter!  Follow Austin and I on Twitter to read our commentary on Survivor: Blood vs Water and other shows like Big Brother 15, Catfish, and the Great Food Truck Race amongst many others!  And be sure to watch the Survivor: BvW premiere on Wednesday, September 18th at 8pm!

Also, this season will contain many new twists!  Find out what they are and how they will work HERE on Entertainment Weekly's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment