Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Day #6 of the 26 Days of Eric Stein!


"I'd do that for a dollar!"

Today's quote is from one of the more memorable America's Player tasks.  Eric had to start a catchphrase inside the BB house.  America chose the catchphrase "I'd do that for a dollar!"  He had to get at least three other houseguests to say "I'd do that for a dollar!" on at least five different days that week.  This task resulted in Eric being drug around in a pillowcase and jumping into the pool with all of his clothes on.  (I'm sure more happened too, but I only read Jokers Updates that season because I didn't have the feeds. Sadface.  But I was like 15, so y'know) I don't think it ever showed him actually completing the task on the show, but he did indeed complete it.  Sadly, "I'd do that for a dollar!" didn't get as much TV time as it should have.

Side note:  The other options America had for catchphrases were "Booyakah" and "Sweet Chicken." Who was the loser that came up with these?  It would have been lame to have Eric try to start "Booyakah" since Jessica sort of had her own catchphrase with "Booyah."  And "Sweet Chicken" could have been alright, I guess, but it wouldn't entail doing crazy antics, so I'm so glad America chose "I'd do that for a dollar!"

This Eric moment was a memorable one, but in case you've forgotten about it, it's around the 28th minute mark of episode 12.  If you, like myself, still use "I'd do that for a dollar!" occasionally, then why are we not best friends?  If you don't use it, feel free to put that back into your vocabulary!  If you do say it to someone and get a bizarre reaction, tell me about it on here or Twitter.  (I kind of did this during BB14 when I told the Ian fanbase that they should go quack at people.  I didn't actually participate like I said I would, but you'd be surprised by the number of stories I got. L-o-l-z.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment