Sunday, June 16, 2013

Day #16 of the 26 Days of Eric Stein!

Photo Credit: CBS
"Welcome to the veto competition, baby!"

Eric never got picked to play in the veto competitions during Big Brother 8, but finally, the day came and Eric got picked to play!  (Note: At the time BB8 aired, I hated that Eric never got to play in veto competitions, but looking back, I love the fact that he hosted so many of them.  #BestVetoHostAward)  The veto competition ended up being the Otev one, except it was a Cheshire Cat-like creature instead of Otev.  The houseguests were given answers to riddles, then they'd race to find the matching riddle, which was attached to a rat. (Like in today's picture.)  The last one to arrive back with the right riddle would be eliminated each round.  

This veto competition was at the final 7.  Jessica was HOH and had nominated Amber and Zach.  In the final round of the competition, it came down to Eric and Amber.  Editing made it look like Amber had found her rat first - and that Eric found his at about the same time.  Eric sprinted back, whereas Amber didn't, so Eric
won the veto!  This was such a proud moment for me during BB8 and I love rewatching it from time to time.

Thinking back, though, I kind of hate that Eric won this veto, but solely because of the America's Player twist.  Eric wasn't allowed to use the veto since America didn't have time to vote, but I'll always believe that Dick could have gone home that week.  Not that I wanted Amber to stay, but the outcome of BB8 would have been so different!  And by different, I mean BETTER.  (So, I don't know, America's Player is probably not my favorite twist ever.  So if I ever said that, I retract it now.  I didn't realize how much I hated that twist until I started writing these.)

No comments:

Post a Comment