Thursday, June 20, 2013

#TeamAustHan Drafts the BB15 Houseguests!

The moment has finally arrived! As we do with all of the shows we cover here at AustHan's World, Hannah and I have made our draft picks for #BB15. If you're not familiar with our #AustHanDrafts, you can take a look at some of our past selections here and here. Basically, we use our first impressions to build a team of contestants labeled Team Hannah and Team Austin. Both of us hoping of course to select the overall winner. Now with #BB15, we also have the #BBBrackets event taking place. Although both Hannah and I are excitedly filling out our brackets, as all Big Brother uber fans should. The #BB15 AustHan draft is a completely separate event.


Austin's Thoughts:


  • GinaMarie – I had to go with GinaMarie in the first round because I felt instantly connected to her. I love Italian New Yorkers! I also think she’ll fair well in the Big Brother house. I see an air of drama surrounding her, and I love that. In the long run, I feel like she could win her way to the end. She may be a bit too abrasive to form many in house friendships, but I see her being strong in competitions. I also love that she has two first names! GinaMarie is Austin's answer to BB15 bliss. As Nicole Richie would say, do you love it?

  • Judd – What can I say about Judd? He’s one of only two guys that stuck out to me while watching the interviews (the other is Andy whom I'm in love with and Hannah stole). You can tell that he knows what he’s getting himself into, and how to handle it, which I like. Compared to the other guys in the house, Judd is the most likely to win #BBMVP. Guaranteed! He’s also knowledgeable game wise, and I can respect his reality TV aspirations as being similar to my own. #Twinsies.

  • Elissa – Calm down, I haven’t gone all main stream. I loved Rachel during BB13, and have come to accept her and her occasional reality TV faults for what they are. So, imagine my surprise when Elissa made it into the house this season. Alright, so there wasn't actually a “surprise” moment surrounding this, but you get the point. I immediately knew that I would cheer for Elissa, because I see her as being a slightly more matured version of Rachel. That coupled with the beastly Reilly blood flowing through her yoga veins, is enough for me to label her a competitor. She also plans on withholding her true identity as the sister of Rachel, which if played correctly, could be fun to watch. I doubt that’s what will actually happen, but what do I know? Bonus points: She's already married! So, we don't have to worry about any "bookie" moments for E! #Winning

  • Amanda – What’s not to love about Amanda? She knows what she’s getting herself into, she’s from Long Island, and as we've established I loves me a tough New Yorker. I have so many high hopes for Amanda, its unreal. I really want to see her and my BB15 spirit animal GinaMarie become the female Dan and Memphis. Like, please become best friends and provide me with hours of entertainment. I seriously just got so excited typing the prospect of that, that I should be deemed bi-polar. I experienced that much of a mood swing! She’s a real estate agent meaning she knows how to close a deal, and I love a Mandy (because she will herein be referred to as that). See BB9. Bueno!

  • Candace – In case you’re not sensing a theme among my selections here, I picked Candice because she’s FIERY, and Austin love-a-da-fire when it comes to life inside the Big Brother house. The one thing that sticks out to me about Candice, is her ability to adapt. She recently found out that she was adopted, and her life did a “complete 180 in a matter of months". Kind of like life in the Big Brother house does, huh? For that reason and that reason alone, I think Candice will have no problem making herself at home this summer. She also loves Ian and is from NOLA. Hello post-season love connection! 

  • Kaitlin – I was kind of hesitant to select Kaitlin, because the one interview I watched of her came across as a bit boring for my taste. I like bold personalities, and I didn't receive that sort vibe from her. That being said, her written bio is what changed my mind. She plans to be closed off, and hates drama and fake people. Before your groans of “why in the world would you pick her then” grow any louder, hear me out. I see Kaitlin has a blank piece of paper. She’ll be very neutral. This will either help her advance in the game, or hurt her immensely. Only time will tell, but I have an odd feeling that this pick may not have been the worst. 

  • Spencer – Initial thoughts; Spencer will be the ultimate puppet. He doesn't seem overly assertive to me. That being said, he is a James BB6 fan. Should he model his game after James, and combine the fact the he, unlike a few of the men in the house this season, has a brain, he should be in an excellent position for success. I've not sold myself on Spencer being my ticket to winning this draft in the slightest, but I do think he’ll manage to keep me in the game a little longer than some. Shout out to his favorite activity - Watching TV because, yeah, that’s basically my extracurricular life.

  • Jeremy – Jeremy was the last kid to be picked in the gym class that was the AustHan BB15 draft. I can’t stand him in any way. As soon as he opened his mouth, my douche meter exploded. Generally when the set designer has finished building the BB house for the season, he and his crew remove their tools. This year, they left one behind. I have zero faith in Jeremy, and I gladly ask America to never vote him MVP (or vote him MVP every week depending on how that plays out) and for the houseguests to vote him out week one. Better yet, give him the Jodi treatment! If Big Brother made him famous, he would WORK HARD TO STAY FAMOUS. I can’t, I just can’t. You like boats Jeremy? Well,  I hope your Big Brother boat ends up like the Titanic. 




Hannah's Thoughts:  Thanks to John Cochran's win on Reality GameMasters, I got the first pick in this draft.  While I won't brag about now being 2-0 in drafts against Austin, I will brag about these draft results!  I have officially declared Andy as my spirit animal for the #BB15 season.  I don't have to look any further than his bio!  First off, he teaches!  I will be teaching!  Also, anyone who loves eating candy, making lists, ranking things (He would so fill out a BB Bracket!), teaching birds to call his dad "gurl," eating ice cream too fast, and being adorable IS A FRIEND OF MINE. (Best friend.)  Just everything about his bio, is me.  It makes me wish I had auditioned (as planned) and gotten in the #BB15 house.  You would have seen so much #Handy this season!  Nick is my destined BB crush for the summer. Also, Nick is originally from Ohio which made him a lock to be on my team.  McCrae is a super fan, which I love.. dearly!  (Plus he's a pizza delivery boy! Omg!)  I feel like Helen has the ability to takeover the #BB15 house.  I chose Jessie because she seems pretty likable - she kinda gives me a Jillian from Big Brother Canada vibe. (But hopefully I will like her!)  I picked Aaryn.. for really no reason at all other than to have Zach on #TeamHannah this season.  I like Howard, and I maybe would have picked him sooner, since he's a fan and whatnot.  But I simply could not get over the fact that he said Jason (one of my all-time FAVORITES) was from BB2 in his CBS Bio! (I really hope that was a typo!)  And David, well.. I disliked him less than Jeremy. (And Spencer. GOD! Don't even get me started on Spencer!!)

Also, I should probably add that when I ranked the cast in terms of their planned strategies, 6 of the people I ended up picking fell within the top half.  Just so you don't think I solely chose these people blindly off my personal opinions of them.  (Although I should also add that Andy wouldn't have been my first pick had I picked on planned strategies alone!)


There you have it Big Brother fans. The results of the #BB15 #AustHanDraft. Because Hannah and I are overly competitive people, we want to know who you're putting your support behind. Are you #TeamAustinBB15 or #TeamHannahBB15? Let us know on Twitter @AustinBarns @theonlytrace @AustHansWorld and as always in the comments below. Be sure to use the hashtags because, well, we're obsessed with them.

And don't forget to get your #BBBrackets, print one off and get your family and friends involved.

BONUS: Don't forget to click the Big Brother After Snark tab to submit your pre-season Fan Chat questions, comments, theories, and concerns about the season. Don't miss your chance to be featured in the premiere episode of our Big Brother After Snark recap show on June 24th. 

No comments:

Post a Comment