Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Austin and Hannah draft for some of the best reality shows that this summer has to offer!

After the amazing results of the first ever AustHan draft (where I, Hannah, won) that we did with Survivor, we have decided to expand and do drafts for other great reality shows.  In AustHan language, the phrase "other great reality shows" is equivalent to "all reality shows." So, while we're still waiting for Big Brother 15 to release its brand new cast (which is apparently all new people, but I won't believe it until I see it!) and begin, we've decided to do drafts for the upcoming seasons of HGTV Star, Next Food Network Star, and The American Baking Competition!  Below are how the drafting process played out for each show!

First, we drafted for HGTV Star.  HGTV Star premieres Sunday, June 9th on HGTV at 8 pm!


  • Hannah's comments:  This was my favorite of all three drafts, because it resulted in me getting my 5 draft team members from my top 6 pre-show ranking list!  (I missed out on Jessie, who I had at #4!)  I got to pick first in this draft because of my glorious win in the Survivor draft!  Dare I say, it was a great decision since I got Brooks who is hugely in architectural design, one of my favorite areas of design!  The design styles of all five of these people are quite great.  Also nice to note is the fact that Tylor first wanted to be a teacher, then ended up doing design!  I first wanted to do design, then ended up going to school to (someday) become a teacher! #OppositeTwinning
  • Austin's comments: Alright, so when it came to this little HGTV draft I was apprehensive. Mucho apprehensive! I wasn't quite sure what to expect since I haven't watched the show before. Alas, I was surprised. I immediately decided that I needed Jessie on my team. She appears to be a design genius! She was my first round draft pick. The majority of my soul was ripped out, stomped on, put back in, ripped back out, and lit on fire when Hannah stole my 2nd round pick Brooks. My life isn't complete without him on my team! He's an eclectic Ted Mosby (minus the red boots...and, I'm not positive that he doesn't own a pair!). 

Next, we drafted for Next Food Network Star.  Next Food Network Star premieres Sunday, June 2nd on the Food Network Channel at 9 pm!

  • Hannah's comments:  Austin got to go first in this draft considering that I went first in the HGTV Star draft, and honestly, the loss of Viet in the draft is devastating to me.  I will continue to root for Viet though, even if it is to my own team's detriment!  (I am sorry!  But I mean, 1-1, which will hopefully become 2-1, isn't that bad, right?!)  All mourning aside, I'm pretty great with the end result of this draft.  I have fellow Ohioan Chris on my team alongside a trio of blondes, a dancing brunette (who I hope dances while she cooks, much like myself!), and Russell who has potential of becoming Justin 2.0 with his "innovative meals!"
  • Austin's comments: I VIET Hannah in this draft! See what I did there? I'm in love with my FNS team. I strategically made my picks based on the glimpses at each contestants strengths and weaknesses highlighted in their bios. For instance, Viet beat Bobby Flay in an Iron Chef battle. Obviously this guy needed to be on my team! I'm also pretty sure I own the same clothing items he's wearing in his photo. That's a plus! #Twinsies. I'm also obsessed with Andres because I think his model will make Bob and Suzy salivate. He cooks healthy food for kids! Where's that show on the FN? Nowhere! Unlike Hannah, I don't believe that Russell will be the next Justin. I believe that to be Rodney, which is why he's on my team! But, let's face it...there really isn't another Justin Warner out there. 

And lastly, we decided to do a "spur of the moment" draft with the upcoming new series, The American Baking Competition.  The American Baking Competition premieres Wednesday, May 29th on CBS at 8 pm!


  • Hannah's comments:  This was another good draft for me.  I got to pick first.  Austin and I both picked numbers between 1 and 10 (For the record, I picked 5 (because you ALWAYS pick the middle when given a choice!) and Austin picked 3 (I still don't know why he didn't say 4 or 6?)) and then went to Twitter after to get a number (Answers received: 7, 8, and 9.. all winning numbers for yours truly!  Thanks, Twitter!)  Winning the draft secured my favorite of all 10 of these contestants, DARLENE! Darlene is big into cakes (I make cakes like, weekly.) and was obsessed with Easy Bake Ovens for a portion of her childhood!  I was also excited to get Elaine on my team.  We both have the same spirit food animal (chocolate cake) and share an extreme love for dinner rolls!  (She mentioned them TWICE (or more?) in her short Q&A session!!)  I picked Jeremy mostly because the team needed some testosterone.  I chose Whitney because we're both 21 so that's almost like rooting for myself.  And Kolette was my last pick, but she seems like she might end up being a good character!
  • Austin's comments: First things first, I went with 3 because my gut told me that our Tweeps would pick a low number. Obviously they didn't! I'm looking at you Zachary Nicolos! But, I really didn't expect to win this first pick. Hannah is a mathie! She knows statistics and probability. I am not a mathie...as most of the people who know me are painfully aware. She probably rigged the number selection! #SorryNotSorry When it came to this draft, I essentially made my picks off of one or two things. Dish you would be, and signature dish. Everyone on my team was good at making something that I could see myself eating. Francine was selected for the sheer fact that she looked huggable, and I feel like she's good at making cookies. It was fate that Carlo and Francine would end up on the same team, seeing as how he's from Elwood City...the home of the famous PBS Arthur. Who happens to have a close personal friend named Francine! #MindBlown
And that concludes the three drafts we will be doing pre-Big Brother 15!  Are you going to watch one of these shows? Two? Or will you be my twin and watch all three religiously?  If you ARE watching ANY of these, you can either read up on the casts and decide which team's bandwagon you'll be jumping on for the season, or you can let it all be a surprise and wait until the premieres air!  Whatever your choice is, be sure to weigh in one which contestants you think have the best chance of winning at some point in the season!  We would love to hear your thoughts!  You can either way in below in the comments section or tweet us!

Side note:  Would anyone be interested in reading recaps for any of the above shows?  If so, let me know and I'll provide them!  






2 comments:

  1. Commenting on this...because I can! #TeamAustin in every draft!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got really excited about having a new comment. But two can play this game. #TeamHannah in every draft, most definitely.

    ReplyDelete