Thursday, January 3, 2013

Throwback Thursday: American Inventor

"American Inventor" was the "Shark Tank" before its time.  It just wasn't nearly as good or successful.  People who had invented things would audition in front of judges and it would be narrowed down to the top 12.  Also the home audience got to vote for the winner on this one - a lot like on shows like "American Idol."  This show somehow lasted two seasons and I, for some reason, watched both of them.  It was actually terrible from what I can remember and no good inventions ever really came from it.

Let's reminisce on some of the inventions that made the top 12 on the first season. (Descriptions brought to you by Wikipedia because I can't remember them.)

  1. "Head-Line It: A rubber pad to go on top of your head to prevent sweating and itching under hats, helmets, and wigs."  What.  I'm pretty that a total of zero people want to wear a rubber pad on top of their head at all times, or.. at any time.  Ever.
  2. "Double Traction Bike: A bike with a seat on the handlebars"  This one actually made THE TOP 4.  WHAT.  This only sounds like a deathly contraption.  No big deal!
  3. "Tonerbelt: An exercise belt"  Because I'm pretty sure these don't already exist.  And in great quantity!
Oh and this creepy invention won the first season.  I mean, let's look past its decent purpose and backstory.  LET'S JUST LOOK AT IT:



Here is a clip from the show.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.



No comments:

Post a Comment